APEA-AFT Legal Services Benefit
Members have $2,700 for covered legal services each Plan year. The APEA-AFT Legal Trust Fund will pay attorney fees for most matters of a personal nature, such as wills, family matters and real estate transactions involving your residence. This benefit is available to you if you are in one of the following bargaining units:
• State Supervisory Unit,
• State Confidential Employees Association
• Alaska Higher Education Crafts & Trades Employees
• Fairbanks North Star Borough Employees Association
• Juneau Education Support Staff
• Juneau Mental Health Professionals
• Nome Joint Utilities Employees
• Valdez Federation of Teachers
• APEA-AFT Staff
HOW TO USE YOUR LEGAL BENEFITS
Select an attorney. Attorneys listed on our web site have agreed to restrict their fees. Other attorneys may charge a higher rate but will be partially reimbursed by the Plan, with the member responsible for the balance.
The attorney will send the invoice, case description and your user agreement to the APEA-AFT Legal Trust office.